Standish Churches Together
The three churches of Standish, St Wilfrid’s, St Marie’s and Standish Methodist Church are in a covenant of unity known as Standish Churches Together. A copy of the Covenant is displayed in all three Churches. The Churches work together to spread the Gospel and to serve the people of Standish.
Standish Churches Together runs events to bring members of the three Churches together in worship, service to the community and fellowship. These events vary from year to year but in 2017 include:
- January: Short service of prayers each day during Week of prayer for Christian Unity
- Holy Week: Joint services every evening
- Easter: Distribution of Easter message and hot-cross buns
- Pentecost: A pilgrimage between the 3 Churches followed by hotpot
- Churches Together Celebration day: A day of celebration for members of all 3 churches and the community as a whole.
- Spring and Summer: Parish strolls – short walks around the quiet lanes and field paths (subject to weather)
- Christmas: A collection at local supermarkets of cans etc. for the homeless
- Christmas Eve Lunchtime: Carol singing around the village